MCSD currently has the following job opportunities:
PARKS & RECREATION DEPT.
After School Leader (Part Time Position)
General Description of Role: Responsible for supervision of and leading activities for participants in McKinleyville Union School District’s 21st Century Community Learning Center after school program.
Work assignments and responsibilities include but are not limited to: overall supervision of participants; planning and implementation of program activities that are in alignment with the 21st CCLC grant goals; direct supervision of participants; enforcement of all program policies and requirements as outlined in the 21st CLCC grant, and other duties as required or assigned by the Program Coordinator or Site Leader.
Hours: Shifts are afternoons, after school gets out Monday through Friday for 15-17.5 hours per week.
- Current first aid/CPR certification (upon employment).
- Current negative TB test (upon employment).
- Ability to obtain current fingerprint identification (BID 7) upon employment.
- Knowledge, training, and/or experience in one or more of the following areas: physical education, recreation, elementary education, art, theater, social work, environmental education, or early childhood education.
- Have a AA degree or higher. Or have passed the HCOE Paraprofessional Exam
- Experience working with children in a recreational or educational setting.
- Submit Complete MCSD Application, completed in own handwriting to:
MCSD Parks & Recreation Dept. at 1656 Sutter Rd., McKinleyville CA95519
Resumes will not be accepted without a completed application.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until Filled
For more information, call 839-9003.
Utility Worker (full-time)
McKinleyville Community Services District (MCSD) is currently recruiting two individuals who are interested in joining our dynamic team. MCSD is a special district that is based on serving the community and ensuring safe distribution of drinking water, collection and treatment of wastewater, street light maintenance, and parks and open space facilities. MCSD prides itself in a positive and safe work environment, where crew members are cross trained in a variety of skills to ensure that tasks are completed in an efficient manner.
Description of Role: Assisting in the installation, construction, repair, inspection, maintenance and operation of water, sewer, parks, streetlights and open space facilities.
Hours: This is a full-time non exempt position. Schedule will include on call rotation and working some overtime.
Salary: $19.29 - $29.08 per hour, dependent upon experience and certifications, plus District benefits.
- Knowledge, training, and/or experience in troubleshooting electrical, pumps and motors are preferred.
- Current Water and/or Wastewater Certification is desired
- Ability to operate small hand tools and equipment.
- Basic knowledge of maintenance and minor repair work on light equipment.
- Ability to obtain current fingerprint identification and negative criminal history results from the Department of Justice upon employment.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment physical and drug screen.
- Driving record which meets MCSD insurance requirements.
- Ability to obtain First aid/CPR certification (within six months of employment).
- Ability to upgrade CDL to a class B within one year of employment.
How to Apply: Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of original District Application Form. Required application materials are as follows:
- District Application form filled out in your own handwriting.
- A cover letter outlining competencies and stating reasons for interest in the position.
- A resume indicating educational background, professional experience, and professional achievement.
Please see job description for additional information.
Applications and Job Description are available at the Administrative office or online here.
Please submit application materials to:
Mckinleyville Community Services District Administrative Office
1656 Sutter Road, McKinleyville CA 95519.
For more information, please call James Henry 707-839-3251
Application Deadline: Friday, August 3, 2018
CONTRACTED REFEREE OPPORTUNITY
- Strong knowledge of the rules of the sport of Futsal.
- Abiltiy to run and move quickly to keep up with fast-paced play.
- Confidence to officiate an adult sport.
CONTRACTED LEISURE CLASS INSTRUCTOR OPPORTUNITY
Thank you for your interest in offering a leisure service program to our community. We appreciate your desire to share your special skills and talents with the members of our community.
Our Leisure Service Programs reflect a wide variety of interests and activities, you can check out the Leisure Class Instructor Program brochure for more information. Programs can be offered for all ages of the population, including toddlers, children, teens, young adults, adults, and seniors. We are typically seeking the following programs... arts, crafts, cooking, dog obedience, dancing, martial arts, yoga, music and more. If you have an idea but aren’t sure we’ll be able to use it, CALL us and ask! We are more than interested in any and all program ideas.
So, you have a program idea and want to turn in a proposal? What do you do? It’s easy! Simply complete the Leisure Services Program Proposal Application and return it to our office located at 1656 Sutter Road in McKinleyville. A Leisure Services Program Proposal Application must be completed for each proposed program.
If selected to offer a class you can find out even more information in our Leisure Services Program Handbook.
Leisure Services Program Proposal Deadlines
Program Dates: Proposal Deadline:
January 1 – May 31 November 30
June 1 – August 31 April 30
Sept 1 – December 31 July 31