MCSD currently has the following job opportunities:
Geographical Information System Technician (full-time)
McKinleyville Community Services District (MCSD) is currently recruiting a highly motivated individual who is interested in joining our dynamic team. MCSD is a special district that is based on serving the community and ensuring safe distribution of drinking water, collection and treatment of wastewater, street light maintenance, and parks and open space facilities. MCSD prides itself in a positive and safe work environment, where crew members are cross trained in a variety of skills to ensure that tasks are completed in an efficient manner.
Description of Role: Performs technical Geographic Information System (GIS) work, providing support in the day-to-day operation of the water, sewer, parks, streetlights and open space facilities. Assist with writing Plans and Procedures.
Hours: This is a full-time non-exempt position.
Salary: $21.27 - $27.14 per hour plus District benefits.
- Must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Geography, Cartography, GIS or closely related field with a minimum of 2 years’ experience utilizing ArcGIS software
- Must possess the ability to read and interpret maps, construction plans, as-builts, AutoCad information and aerial imagery pertaining to water, sewer, streetlights and open spaces
- Ability to Create, organize, update and maintain regulatory plans (e.g.OSHA, EPA, Waterboard,) and procedures
- Ability to produce detailed cartographically correct maps, reports and graphs
- Ability to conduct field data collection utilizing GPS equipment
- Must be proficient in ArcGIS software including ArcGIS Online
- Ability to operate a computer utilizing a variety of specialized and standard software
- Ability to obtain HAZWOPER training within one year of employment
- First aid/CPR certification (within six months of employment)
- Driving record which meets MCSD insurance requirements
- Ability to clear current fingerprint identification and negative criminal history results from the Department of Justice
- Ability to pass a pre-employment physical and drug screen
District Application form filled out in your own handwriting
- A cover letter outlining competencies and stating reasons for interest in the position
- A resume indicating educational background, professional experience, and professional achievement
Please CLICK HERE for full job description.
Applications are available at the Administrative office or online at www.mckinleyvillecsd.com
For more information, please call James Henry at (707) 839-3251.
Application Deadline: Friday, March 15, 2019 by 5:00pm
PARKS & RECREATION DEPT.
After School Leader (Part Time Position)
General Description of Role: Responsible for supervision of and leading activities for participants in McKinleyville Union School District’s 21st Century Community Learning Center after school program.
Work assignments and responsibilities include but are not limited to: overall supervision of participants; planning and implementation of program activities that are in alignment with the 21st CCLC grant goals; direct supervision of participants; enforcement of all program policies and requirements as outlined in the 21st CLCC grant, and other duties as required or assigned by the Program Coordinator or Site Leader.
Hours: Shifts are afternoons, after school gets out Monday through Friday for 15-17.5 hours per week.
Specific Shifts available are as follows:
Mondays/Minimum days 12:45 - 6:00 pm
Tuesday-Friday 1:45 - 6:00 pm
Mondays/Minimum days 1:30 - 6:00 pm
Tuesday-Friday 2:45-6:00 pm
Additional Meeting/Training times vary
- Current first aid/CPR certification (upon employment).
- Current negative TB test (upon employment).
- Ability to obtain current fingerprint identification (BID 7) upon employment.
- Knowledge, training, and/or experience in one or more of the following areas: physical education, recreation, elementary education, art, theater, social work, environmental education, or early childhood education.
- Have a AA degree or higher. Or have passed the HCOE Paraprofessional Exam
- Experience working with children in a recreational or educational setting.
- Submit Complete MCSD Application, completed in own handwriting to:
MCSD Parks & Recreation Dept. at 1656 Sutter Rd., McKinleyville CA95519
Resumes will not be accepted without a completed application.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until Filled
For more information, call 839-9003.
CONTRACTED REFEREE OPPORTUNITY
- Strong knowledge of the rules of the sport of Futsal.
- Abiltiy to run and move quickly to keep up with fast-paced play.
- Confidence to officiate an adult sport.
CONTRACTED LEISURE CLASS INSTRUCTOR OPPORTUNITY
Thank you for your interest in offering a leisure service program to our community. We appreciate your desire to share your special skills and talents with the members of our community.
Our Leisure Service Programs reflect a wide variety of interests and activities, you can check out the Leisure Class Instructor Program brochure for more information. Programs can be offered for all ages of the population, including toddlers, children, teens, young adults, adults, and seniors. We are typically seeking the following programs... arts, crafts, cooking, dog obedience, dancing, martial arts, yoga, music and more. If you have an idea but aren’t sure we’ll be able to use it, CALL us and ask! We are more than interested in any and all program ideas.
So, you have a program idea and want to turn in a proposal? What do you do? It’s easy! Simply complete the Leisure Services Program Proposal Application and return it to our office located at 1656 Sutter Road in McKinleyville. A Leisure Services Program Proposal Application must be completed for each proposed program.
If selected to offer a class you can find out even more information in our Leisure Services Program Handbook.
Leisure Services Program Proposal Deadlines
Program Dates: Proposal Deadline:
January 1 – May 31 November 30
June 1 – August 31 April 30
Sept 1 – December 31 July 31