MCSD currently has the following job opportunities:
PARKS & RECREATION DEPT.
After School Leader (Part Time Position)
General Description of Role: Responsible for supervision of and leading activities for participants in McKinleyville Union School District’s 21st Century Community Learning Center after school program.
Work assignments and responsibilities include but are not limited to: overall supervision of participants; planning and implementation of program activities that are in alignment with the 21st CCLC grant goals; direct supervision of participants; enforcement of all program policies and requirements as outlined in the 21st CLCC grant, and other duties as required or assigned by the Program Coordinator or Site Leader.
Hours: Shifts are afternoons, after school gets out Monday through Friday for 15-17.5 hours per week.
Specific Shifts available are as follows:
Mondays/Minimum days 12:45 - 6:00 pm
Tuesday-Friday 1:45 - 6:00 pm
Mondays/Minimum days 1:30 - 6:00 pm
Tuesday-Friday 2:45-6:00 pm
Additional Meeting/Training times vary
- Current first aid/CPR certification (upon employment).
- Current negative TB test (upon employment).
- Ability to obtain current fingerprint identification (BID 7) upon employment.
- Knowledge, training, and/or experience in one or more of the following areas: physical education, recreation, elementary education, art, theater, social work, environmental education, or early childhood education.
- Have a AA degree or higher. Or have passed the HCOE Paraprofessional Exam
- Experience working with children in a recreational or educational setting.
- Submit Complete MCSD Application, completed in own handwriting to:
MCSD Parks & Recreation Dept. at 1656 Sutter Rd., McKinleyville CA95519
Resumes will not be accepted without a completed application.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until Filled
For more information, call 839-9003.
CONTRACTED REFEREE OPPORTUNITY
- Strong knowledge of the rules of the sport of Futsal.
- Abiltiy to run and move quickly to keep up with fast-paced play.
- Confidence to officiate an adult sport.
CONTRACTED LEISURE CLASS INSTRUCTOR OPPORTUNITY
Thank you for your interest in offering a leisure service program to our community. We appreciate your desire to share your special skills and talents with the members of our community.
Our Leisure Service Programs reflect a wide variety of interests and activities, you can check out the Leisure Class Instructor Program brochure for more information. Programs can be offered for all ages of the population, including toddlers, children, teens, young adults, adults, and seniors. We are typically seeking the following programs... arts, crafts, cooking, dog obedience, dancing, martial arts, yoga, music and more. If you have an idea but aren’t sure we’ll be able to use it, CALL us and ask! We are more than interested in any and all program ideas.
So, you have a program idea and want to turn in a proposal? What do you do? It’s easy! Simply complete the Leisure Services Program Proposal Application and return it to our office located at 1656 Sutter Road in McKinleyville. A Leisure Services Program Proposal Application must be completed for each proposed program.
If selected to offer a class you can find out even more information in our Leisure Services Program Handbook.
Leisure Services Program Proposal Deadlines
Program Dates: Proposal Deadline:
January 1 – May 31 November 30
June 1 – August 31 April 30
Sept 1 – December 31 July 31